If you are suffering from hearing loss then using Hearing aid devices can help you hear. These are primarily useful in improving the hearing and speech comprehension of people. This is generally recommended for people who suffer from Sensorineural hearing loss. This type of hearing loss occurs from the damage to the small sensory cells in the inner ear. The hearing aid device magnifies the sound vibrations which enter your ear. The remaining healthy hearing cells in the inner ear can detect the amplified sound vibrations and send them to the brain after converting them into neural signals. With greater damage to the inner ear the more the necessity to amplify the sound. There are many misconceptions about hearing aid devices. If you are just going to start to use them then there are many opinions which can confuse you. So in this blog we will provide you some tips to help you use them correctly.
Tips for using Hearing Aid devices
Unlike spectacles, where you can see the difference right away, Hearing aids take time to get adjusted to over time. But you need to focus your attention on the details of your hearing with them. Thereafter you need to consult with an expert audiologist or go to hearing aid clinic and seek advice regarding the adjustment. However you could do some of the following:
- You could sit in a quiet room and listen to your own voice while wearing them and reading aloud. Thereafter you could make the adjustments required to get to know the right volume level suitable for you on the device.
- You could also speak and communicate with the friends and family to note what would it would be like listening in a group conversation and make the necessary adjustments.
- For getting used to the device you must try to put them on as long as is possible. At the beginning this is difficult getting used to. So you could start by wearing them for shorter periods and then gradually increase the time.
- To begin with certain low sounds like chirping of birds and similar sounds may appear to be too loud. But with time you would get used to what appears very loud to start with.
- When it comes to the television or music system slowly adjust the volume and try to notice whether you are able to follow the conversation on it. Accordingly you need to adjust the volume of the hearing aid.
- You also need to take note of all unpleasant sounds. Thereafter consult the hearing expert as to how this could be resolved.
It is true that Hearing aid devices help all those who suffer from hearing impairments but getting adjusted to them is another issue which needs to be worked out. But once you start using them you have to be patient. You need to be in touch with your audiologist as well and seek advice as to how it best could help you to listen properly with them. At Bengal Speech we deal in Hearing Aid devices. So for any hearing aid related issues please get in touch with us.