Planning to opt for hearing aids but confused whether to go for it online or buy it from the offline stores? Both has its advantages and disadvantages, which you must know before taking the final action! Afterall it’s your hearing health that should be your sole concern!
Buying Hearing Aids Online
The first thing that might tempt you is the price of the hearing aids which might seem very attractive at first! But before clicking that final ‘Buy Now’ button, always make sure from a certified Audiologist whether it is a safe decision to buy devices for hearing problem treatment from the online stores. The things that you must keep in mind is whether you are getting all the services that you would normally get if you buy hearing aids offline. Let us take a look at the advantages and the disadvantages of buying hearing devices online –
- You are exempted from the troubles of actually taking out time from your busy work life to physically visit some offline store
- You do not have to go from place to place searching for stores – as is often done in case you buy offline
- You can sit back home or even at your workplace and browse through the various options available
- Even if you are somewhere abroad, you can browse through the various online stores, and can even buy it – no matter where you are at present
- You can compare the features of various hearing aids required for different types of hearing problem treatment
- You can choose from a variety of options without being biased by any seller – which normally happens in a offline store
- You will get filtering options from where you can view only those devices which would suit your needs in every aspect – be it style, design, technology, and even according to your budget
- You can get free home delivery – both for hearing check-ups by Audiologists and for trial and fitting
- You can make a comparison of the prices of various hearing aid devices required to meet your particular needs for your hearing problem treatment
- Buying hearing aids online is quite hassle-free
- You might not always get the rehabilitative services – such as hearing aid trial and fitting, hearing aid reprogramming, auditory training, auditory verbal therapy (AVT), speech therapy, and the like – if you take hearing aids from any local brand online
- If you buy from a local brand you might not get the after-sale services which you will really need!
- You might get tempted towards the cheap prices that you often get to see in the online hearing aid stores. If you buy cheap hearing devices, the dealer is likely to compromise on both the quality and the performance of the hearing devices! This in turn, instead of being a good hearing problem treatment, might even have adverse effects on your hearing health
- You might not get good warranty periods if you take hearing aids from a local brand
- The mold of the hearing aids you are buying online might not match the size of ear and might not fit your ear canal properly – in which case you have to return the product
Buying Hearing Aids Offline
If you are thinking to buying hearing devices from the offline stores, then you must also consider the advantages and the disadvantages of it –
- You can actually see and also try by wearing the hearing aids physically if you buy it offline
- It build up a good dealer-customer relationship as you actually go and have a cordial communication before buying – thus building up customer-dealer loyalty. This cooperation and relationship is vital when it comes to a matter such as the hearing problem treatment
- The chances of return are much less if you buy hearing devices from the offline store – because you are actually seeing its look and feel before buying
- You have very limited options in a particular store
- If you do not like the products of one store, you actually have to visit another, and yet another, and the cycle continues till you actually like a product and the associated services. You don’t have to physically visit from store to store if you buy hearing aids online.
- You are often biased by what the dealer says, because often the motive of the salesperson is to sell hearing aids, and would not care about your personal needs and choices. This will not be the case in online stores, where you can buy according to your own choices and requirements.
So now it is up to you to decide which mode of buying would you like to go for while a serious matter as hearing problem treatment is concerned.