Read here the frequently asked questions (FAQ) about hearing aids and speech language therapy.
How to approach?
Test your hearing at our website then call our patient care service for booking an appointment with our audiologist Call- 8336001200 / 033-66453160
Who is an Audiologist?
The person who has a qualification of 4yrs degree course from a ugc recognised university in speech & hearing. It is desirable he/she has completed 2 yrs masters degree programme also.
Who can Dispense of the Hearing Aid?
The person who has Indian Speech & Hearing Association registered or bachelor degree holder audiologist.
WHY THIS NEED?
Because 50% of clients are dissatisfied with their current hearing aid for wrong selection & fitting procedure.
What are the rights in terms of hearing aid purchasing & after sales services?
a. 7 DAYS TRIAL PERIOD
b. 24 HRS CUSTOMER CARE HELPLINE
c. TWO YRS INTERNATIONAL WARRANTY
d. IF NEEDED 3 YRS EXTENDED WARRANTY
e. BINAURAL FITTING BENEFIT
f. SPECIAL PEDIATRIC HEARING AID FITTING BENEFIT.
Who needs a Hearing Aid?
i)If people complain that you are not following cessation.
ii) If friends and family members complain that you do not respond even if they call you by name.
iii) If you feel that people talking around your are constantly mumbling or their voices are blurry.
iv) If you hear male voices better but have difficulty in following women’s voices.
v) If you are missing common sounds of bikes or ringing of phone or door bell.
vi) Difficulty in following conversations in public or within a group of people.
vii) If you have difficulty hearing television and/or the telephone.
viii) If you are frequently asking others to repeat themselves, even in quiet rooms.
ix) If people are complaining that you turn the TV Volume too high.
x) If you have trouble hearing birds or wind in the trees.
What cares should be taken after the fitting of a Hearing Aid?
- AUDITIORY TRAINING
- DETAILS PRODUCT TRAINING
- REGULAR MONITORING OF EAR MOULDS
- AUDITORY TRAINING
- SPEECH & LANGUAGE THERAPY
- PARENTAL TRAINING
- CARE OF ASSOCIATED PROBLEMS
How would you know whether or child has hearing loss or not?
- Monotonous crying ( child has one type of crying, differential crying cannot be heard)
- Child does not respond to loud sounds like by blinking eyes or turning head.
- Cessation of activities, sudden crying
- Delayed speech & language development. ( a two year old normal hearing child has a vocabulary of 270 words and a 3 year old normal hearing child has 900 words)
- He/she does not respond if called from the other room.
- The child may speak too loudly or too softly.
- He/she may put T.V. or radio on high volume.
- The child may have difficulty paying attention for a continuous period of time. He/She will not be able to focus and listen.
- The child may use lot of signs while speaking.
- The child may use only few words, and may not be able to speak meaningful sentences.
What are price range of hearing aid?
It purely depends on the type of loss and daily needs of a person. For example, a person of 45 years of age who usually attends 3-4 meetings in a day and has a hearing loss of moderate degree would need a binaural directional fitting. Which might cost Rs. 50000/-
Which brand are good?
Nowadays different companies have different technology so as per your need the audiologist will decide which brand suits you best.
Can I get a hearing aid in EMI?
Yes, different dealers have different schemes.