Hearing Loss often goes undetected and as a result it may go untreated for long time. We see and hear a lot about hearing aid devices and treatment now days. These may be through advertisements and so on. But the irony of the matter is that we ourselves suffer from the problem and may not realize it. Through this blog we will try to make you aware of the dangers of leaving hearing loss untreated. Also you must know the initial symptoms of hearing loss so that you can identify them and get the right hearing loss treatment.
Affects of untreated hearing loss problem
Hearing loss can go unnoticed often, but there are many people who know that they are suffering from hearing loss but leave it untreated and be reluctant to seek help. They feel embarrassed by what they see as a weakness. They believe that they can go leading life without any hearing aid device. If hearing loss is left untreated over a long time it could lead to many problems.
As a result of hearing loss you may have reduced alertness. This may expose you to risks of your personal safety. With hearing loss you may be unable to follow conversations. Thus you may tend to avoid any social gatherings. It would bring about social isolation. Over a period of time with untreated hearing loss you would get frustrated and depressed. Thus it would lead to a condition of diminished psychological and overall health. You must therefore treat hearing loss at the earliest indication of the problem.
Early Symptoms of Hearing Loss
For hearing loss to be treated it must be identified first. The following are some symptoms of hearing loss:
- Sometimes the speech your hear may get muffled along with other sounds. This happens particularly if you are in a noisy place. If this is problem gets repeated over a number of times it may be an indication of hearing loss in its initial stages. You must immediately have it treated.
- While watching television or listening on audio devices you always require to raise the volume above the normal level.
- During normal conversations you are unable to follow them and requiring to ask the person what is being spoken many times.
- Tinnitus or constant ringing in ears is another symptom of hearing loss.
- If you have pain in one or both ears that too needs some attention from a reliable audiologist.
- If pressure is felt in the ears then you must consult an audiologist.
The symptoms of hearing loss may vary from the cause of the hearing loss. However whatever be the symptom or the cause, once noticed you must immediately arrange for the treatment of the problem.
Treatment will start as soon as you visit a reliable Audiologist. He or she would carry out various hearing tests to detect the type and the degree of the problem. Following this the course of treatment would begin. We at Bengal Speech is India’s largest chain of centers for Hearing Aid & Hearing Loss treatment. With our expertise in treatment of hearing loss you can expect the very best treatment.