Do you use the perfect hearing aid for you? A hearing aid is an electro acoustic device which is designed to amplify sound for the wearer, usually with the aim of making speech more intelligible, and to correct impaired hearing as measured by audiometry. Hearing aids cannot correct hearing loss, however make sound more accessible.
Hearing Loss Evaluation:
Prior to choosing the perfect hearing aid, correct evaluation of the extent of the actual hearing loss needs to be assessed first. One way to do so is through the audiometry which measures a subject’s hearing levels in laboratory conditions.
Though most of the Hearing Aids available now are effective and discrete. But the following are the factors you must consider the right Hearing Aid for you:
There are various shapes of Hearing Aids .
- BTE – Behind The Ear fits behind your ear. The device behind your ear is then connected to a tube, with an Ear Bud or custom ear mold attached to the end of the tube that fits inside of your ear canal.
- Open ear or Open Fit hearing aids are micro versions of BTE hearing aids, making them more discrete.
- In-the-ear (or ITE) hearing aids are devices that fit into the visible area of the ear.
- In-the-canal (or ITC) hearing aids are also custom-made so that they fit into an individual’s ear canal.
- Completely-In-The-Canal (or CIC) hearing aids are available in custom-made as well as pre-made so that they fit entirely inside an individual’s ear canal.
- Better to go for Digital Hearing Aids if possible: There may be analog Hearing Aids available in the market. But they merely amplify the sound. It is always better to go in for the Digital one, because the micro processor in them helps to amplify the sound with much greater accuracy.
- Opt for Noise Reduction: This feature in Hearing Aids help the user to cut down the sound of what he or she does not want to hear at elevated levels. Thus helps to hear what they want to hear.
- Choose a Hearing Aid with Volume Control: Though a Hearing Aid with volume control is likely to cost more it is always to invest more in them. Often when the environment changes the change in volume is always desirable and makes the user more comfortable
- The Hearing Aids with Directional microphones has more benefits: If you are living a busy lifestyle directional microphones are a great tool to help you stay focused on hearing speech when you’re communicating in noisy places.
- Hearing Aids with feedback Cancellation Feature: Often Hearing aids which malfunction and produce unwanted noise can be very irritating. Some Hearing Aids have feedback cancellation feature of some hearing aids which prevents this problem.
- Aid from Staff for you to choose the Right Hearing Aid: Hearing Loss problem varies from person to person. So what suits you may not suit another one. Thus it is extremely important that you take the help of qualified staff who would help you to choose the right device based on your Hearing test Results.Choose the perfect hearing aid for you from the wide range collection of Bengal Speech and Hearing Pvt Ltd.